Sahara Foundation, established in 2009, is a not-for-profit, non-governmental community development organisation. It seeks to bring change into the life of children by promoting the education support, school enhancement programme and taking care of health and sanitation. In addition, Sahara Foundation has been supporting the education programme by way of individual scholarships and relief programmes. Women and children are at the heart of everything we do.
On the other hand, it works for promoting equitable societies by addressing the issues of marginalized, oppressed and disadvantaged and minority groups. The organization has been backed with the personalities who has years of experience in development sectors. Right after the earthquake, it has also worked in relief and reconstruction programme under which relief materials were distributed and school reconstruction has been started. We are also focusing projects on minority community especially Muslims, Chepang, Raute and other marginalized caste. Our endeavors are making changes in the lives of people and uniting them into one rope so that life will be easier with better options.
- Good governance
- Old-age people of minority groups
OUR VISION AND MISSION
Creating a society where women, children and marginalized population will have access to their basic rights for better life.
Promoting the rights and entitlements of women and children including youths by implementing health, education and livelihood related programmes in partnership with community, development partners and government agencies
NEWS AND EVENTS
Sahara Foundation has always taken women, children and minority groups into focus of the project implementation. However, we also give emphasis on general issues that have direct connection with the mass. From our inception, we have accomplished the following task in partnership with different supporting organizations.
Supported Panchakanya School of Chhauni to renovate Montessori Block and provided furniture and computer supports to make child friendly atmosphere.
Conducted awareness program to include the voice of Muslim youths into constitution building process in Bara and Rautahat District in partnership with Gramin Utthan Abhiyan.
Conducted advocacy programme for creating child friendly Village Council in Makwanpur District, in partnership with New Conscious Society and Government agency.
- Develop and implement different skill and employment oriented programmes to uplift the socio-economic status of women, conflict-victims, single women and minority groups
- Raise awareness against girls trafficking, drugs, gambling, smoking and alcoholism
- Organize different workshops, seminars and publish bulletins for promoting good governance, transparency and peace building
- Assist children from ultra poor and minority groups in accessing to the education, health and child-friendly environment
- Contribute to the development of tourism sectors by raising awareness , organizing training
- Conduct research and development in the sectors of community development with a special focus on women, children and minority groups.
- Establish a school where the marginalized sections of children will have opportunity to get educated and livelihood skills.
- To carry out relief and reconstruction programmes to help the community be disaster resilient.
YAYASAN AL-TARMIDHI FOUNDATION
Distributed relief materials at Makwanpur, Nuwakot and Kabhre Districts.
Reconstructed school in Nuwakot District.